Saturday, March 20, 2010

John's First 5K Ever!

John just ran a 5K! I was so excited for him and thought I should be giving him tips. It was hard for me to accept that I wasn't going to be racing too. It brought back a lot of good memories, though.
Just waiting for the race to start.
Go John! You're so speedy! Look at all those people he's beating!
Wow, is he fast! He started out in 3rd place! He ended up getting 22:45, which is amazing for such an amateur :) He was in the top 20 out of 200 people.
Eating the best post-race foods. I taught him how to get lots of free food at the end.
Sporting 1st race t-shirt! How awesome! I love running t-shirts! And, now John does too.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you John!!!! That's an awesome time. Christian and I are so proud of you :)

    Actually...news alert: Christian just told me to write that he's gettin' ready for an ironman. Sounds like a challenge to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait? Didn't he run a marathon with you? You look super cute pregnant, but I'm not used to seeing you fat :)j/k We should meet sometime in the middle (its a new years resolution to go to WV) even though Amelia won't be visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, you rock! I miss racing. Maybe this will inspire me to sign up for a 5K. And I love the shirt!

    ReplyDelete